UK Handmade Subscription and Membership: Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall bear the following meaning:
- UK Handmade means UK Handmade Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (registration number: 7246734), 1 Poplar Way, Stapleford, Cambridge, CB22 5BS.
- Subscriber means any person or persons intending to or who has applied for a subscription to a Standard Directory Listing in UK Handmade’s Makers Directory upon the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Member means any Premium Portfolio Member of UK Handmade, or any person or persons intending to or who have applied for a Premium Portfolio membership of UK Handmade upon the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Standard Directory Listing means the Makers Directory area of the website to which a Subscriber’s details will be added to by UK Handmade.
- Premium Portfolio means the Makers Directory area of the Website to which Members will have access to on entering their personal login and password details.
- Members Area means the area of the Website to which Members will have access to on entering their personal login and password details.
- Membership Year means that the Membership Year will run for 12 months from the Membership Commencement Date on which a Member joins UK Handmade.
- Subscriber Year means that the Subscriber Year will run for 12 months from the Subscriber Commencement Date on which a Subscriber joins UK Handmade.
- Website means the UK Handmade Website www.ukhandmade.co.uk.
Subscribers & Membership Package
On successful application, Subscribers will have their details submitted to the Makers Directory by UK Handmade. A Standard Listing in the directory contains:
- 1 image or logo.
- A brief description of your work or practice.
- Contact details, website and social media links.
On successful application, Premium Portfolio Members of UK Handmade will receive a login username, password and user information for the Premium Portfolio Members Area of the website via email. You will have access to an online portfolio in the directory containing:
- A profile page where you will be able to upload a description of your business, your logo/avatar, contact details, and website and social media links.
- Your own updateable image gallery with up to 12 product images.
- Your own news and events section where you will have the option to publish press releases, etc.
- Participation at a reduced entry fee in UK Handmade’s showcases.
- A Standard Listing in the UK Handmade Makers Directory.
1. All applications for subscription and membership of UK Handmade are to be made via the Website application form: www.ukhandmade.co.uk/directory_application. By submitting the application form online, the Subscriber or Member is deemed to have signed the application form.
2. Subscriber and Membership applications will be accepted throughout the year and subscription and membership will be activated within 3-5 working days.
3. On acceptance of the subscription or membership application by UK Handmade, Subscribers and Members shall be bound during the continuance of subscription and membership by these Terms and Conditions, including any amendments made in accordance with the procedure set out below.
4. UK Handmade reserves the right at all times and in its absolute discretion to determine the number of Subscribers and Members in UK Handmade and may accept or reject applications for subscription or membership as it feels fit.
UK Handmade Members Area
1. Members can use their personal login and password details to enter the Premium Portfolio Members Area of the Website. After initial login, Members will be able to change their password.
2. Any Member wishing to change, add or delete any of their information can do so by logging in and amending their details. If you are a Member who wishes to change, add or delete any of their information, or a Member who is unable to login or access the Members Area, or who has forgotten their login or password, please contact the Website administrator by emailing email@example.com.
4. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their login and password details as outlined in point 3 of the Data Protection clause below.
Subscriber and Membership Payments, Renewals and Cancellations
1. The annual fee for a Standard Directory Listing subscription in the Maker’s Directory is £25. The annual fee for Premium Portfolio membership is £45.
2. Subscription and membership is fixed for a period of one calendar year starting on the Subscriber and Membership Commencement Date nearest the time your application is approved.
3. Subscriber and Membership fees must be received within 14 days of receipt of the invoice from UK Handmade. Subscription and membership will be activated at point of confirmation on receipt of the subscription or membership fee.
4. All Subscriber and Membership monies are payable in sterling via a single online payment via PayPal. Payment can be made by a debit payment or by credit card via PayPal.
5. Subscription and membership fees are revised annually and will be notified to Subscribers and Members via email.
1. Subscription and membership is to be renewed annually. UK Handmade will email each Subscriber or Member once the subscription or membership is due for renewal. If a Subscriber or Member does not pay the annual membership fee then the subscription or membership is not continued and the Subscriber or Member will not have the benefit of subscription or membership.
2. UK Handmade reserves the right to remove Subscribers or Members or to prevent any Subscriber or Member from renewing membership if the Subscriber or Member brings UK Handmade into disrepute.
1. If, for whatever reason, a Subscriber or Member wishes to terminate their subscription or membership, they must give 28 days’ notice of this by email to UK Handmade.
2. We regret we are unable to offer refunds if subscription or membership is cancelled for whatever reason during the subscription or membership year before the renewal date, unless we receive notice of cancellation within 14 days of taking out subscription or membership.
Editorial Control & Marketing
1. If you submit to UK Handmade, you must allow UK Handmade to use the material in your in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world.
2. Any submissions you make may be moderated by UK Handmade which means they may be reviewed and edited. UK Handmade reserves the right to remove any of your material if UK Handmade believes that they do not comply with these terms.
3. You grant UK Handmade the right to change or edit the materials in your submission for operational and editorial reasons. UK Handmade may also share your material with trusted third parties, for instance with partners of UK Handmade.
4. Any copyright in your submission will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you submit in any way including allowing others to use it.
5. You confirm that your submitted material is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights) and that it complies with these terms. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
6. UK Handmade reserves the right at all times to remove or edit any images which are deemed by us to be out of keeping with our requirements or that may be in breach of our Terms and Conditions. Good photography is imperative in maintaining a high standard of quality and attracting customers and viewers. UK Handmade acknowledges that the Member may be unable to invest in professional photography but any images submitted are required to be bright, clear and simply styled in order to ensure a high level of image quality and consistency across the UK Handmade Website. The directory will monitored on a regular basis and should any images and/or content fail to meet our required standards, they will be removed immediately. Should this issue arise, the directory member will be contacted, and UK Handmade and the Member will work together to achieve an amicable solution.
7. We will normally show your name and website link with your submitted material, unless you request otherwise.
8. UK Handmade may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your submitted content, or in relation to particular projects.
9. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content you may share with UK Handmade.
All complaints should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org UK Handmade will make best endeavours to respond to complaints within 10 working days of receipt.
Indemnity by Subscriber or Member
You agree fully to indemnify and hold UK Handmade, our directors, employees and representatives, harmless against any claim, demand, damages or losses, (including reasonable legal and other professional fees), due to or as a direct or indirect result of the breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website or the infringement by you of any Right of UK Handmade or any other person or entity.
Variation of Terms & Conditions
UK Handmade reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Website. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to date with all such changes and your membership renewal and continued use of the Website shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
2. You agree that it is your responsibility to keep your data accurate and up to date and to send us new or revised data where appropriate.
3. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their login details and passwords and for all activities that occur under their login details and passwords, whether by themselves or anyone else using their login details and passwords. Our security measures depend on you complying with this obligation and we are not responsible for any breach of your privacy due to your failure to keep your password secure.
4. If your password is lost or there has been unauthorised disclosure, you must contact us immediately.
5. We will use your data to administer your membership. You acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium, and we therefore cannot be responsible for breaches of security arising out of intentional and/or unauthorised attempts to access the Website, for example, by computer hackers.
In the event that UK Handmade wish to assign our rights and obligations under any contract created by these Terms and Conditions (for example if UK Handmade is sold to a third party) UK Handmade shall be entitled to do so without the necessity of obtaining any consent and upon the completion of such assignment we shall have no further liability to any party under these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and all parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.