Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the data you provide by filling in forms on ukhandmade.co.uk and information provided when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of your Information:
UK Handmade complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), when dealing with any personal information collected via the website. This means that UK Handmade will only store the data necessary to offer services provided on the website, namely to allow visitors to subscribe to and download the PDF magazine. Your personal information is never sold or redistributed to any third party. We may disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following cases:
- If we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your personal information, and
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, UK Handmade never send bulk unsolicited emails, to email addresses. We may send emails to existing subscribers or those who have enquired about our services.
Individuals can sign up as a member of the UK Handmade directory. Personal data such as contact name, email address, phone number and website address is collected. A unique identifier (Account Number) is also created, and public IP address recorded for security reasons. Signing up as a member of the UK Handmade directory means you agree to the processing if this data.
Storing your Personal Data:
All data collected is stored safely on secure servers. We only hold personal data for as long as necessary and once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files. To subscribe to our mailing list you only need enter your email address which allows us to send you regular newsletters. If you wish to unsubscribe from the mailing list your email address is deleted from the database and cannot be retrieved. Where we have given you a password in order to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Access to Information:
Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. You can do so by contacting email@example.com or by post to 1 Poplar Way, Stapleford, Cambridge CB22 5BS.
Links to Other Websites:
Google Analytics is a third party service that we use to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed anonymously and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When UK Handmade provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested.
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files (Cookies) yourself and learn more about them through Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using www.ukhandmade.co.uk
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site. (username and authentification information)
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them. UK Handmade also uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the site.