This site is owned and operated by UK Handmade Limited ("UK Handmade"). The use of the ukhandmade.co.uk website ("Site") and UK Handmade magazine ("Magazine") is subject to the following terms and conditions and it is deemed you agree to said terms on use of ukhandmade.co.uk and downloading any PDF documents.
- Website Links
- Advertising and Sponsorship
- Third Party Offers
- Forums and Comments
- Exclusions and Limitations
- Privacy & Cookies
- Third Party Rights
- Entire Agreement
- Governing Law
All content of the Site and Magazine, inclusive of all graphics and written material is the intellectual property of UK Handmade and its contributing authors and artists and must not be redistributed or copied by any means, electronically or otherwise for commercial or business means without express written permission from the authors concerned. Any goods made from any of our tutorials and projects are not to be resold or patterns redistributed and copyright remains with the creator.
Contributors retain all copyright of their work and agree to grant UK Handmade a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to distribute their articles, photographs and artwork on the website and magazine for the purpose of promotion and display of their work. We credit all work with the authors name and links to their own shops and websites as required.
We are completely supportive of fellow artists and creators and as such completely reject copying of original works in any form.
2. Website Links
Although we offer links to third party websites that have been carefully chosen for your interest and information we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content.
If you wish to link to our website or any of its content we ask you to seek permission first. Such permission may be granted at the sole discretion of the directors of UK Handmade. Where such permission is granted UK Handmade reserves the right to withdraw such permission for any reason whatsoever and at any time.
Advertisers and sponsors agree to ensure that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with any applicable national or international laws or regulations or codes. UK Handmade does not accept responsibility for any errors or inaccuracies contained in advertising and sponsorship material.
Promotions may be offered via the website and subsequent newsletters and are subject to their own terms but include the following:
- Competitions and prize draws are available to UK residents only, aged 18 and over.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- UK Handmade reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal value.
- All prize draws have free entry, no purchase is necessary unless otherwise specified.
- By entering the competition the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules governing that particular promotion that will be set out in the accompanying material.
- Any personal information collected by such promotions will not be passed on to any third party as set out in our Privacy Statement. Promotions are usually organised through our mailing list only.
- Winner(s) of any promotion consent to any publicity generated by the promotion being used on the UK Handmade magazine and website.
- Prize draws and competitions are open to all UK residents except for contributors of UK Handmade and their immediate families.
- Only one entry per email address per person unless specified otherwise. Spammers will be disqualifed.
- UK Handmade does not accept responsibility for loss of entries due to technical problems. Subscribing to the mailing list is not a guarantee of entry to any promotions or giveaways.
From time to time readers and members will have access to offers from carefully selected Third Parties which UK Handmade have deemed will be of interest.
- UK Handmade can accept no liability for the performance, delivery or fulfillment of any offer provided by Third Parties over whom we do not have control.
- Each offer is subject to its own terms and conditions. By taking up any offer, you will be accepting the Third Partie’s own standard terms and conditions and you should check that you agree to those terms and conditions before taking up the offer.
- Should readers and members have any complaints, problems or concerns regarding any Third Party offer, these must be taken up directly with the Third Party in question.
- If you submit your contribution to UK Handmade you must allow UK Handmade to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world.
- Any contributions you make may be moderated by UK Handmade which means they may be reviewed and edited. UK Handmade reserves the right to remove any of your contributions if UK Handmade believes that they do not comply with these terms.
- You grant UK Handmade the right to change or edit the materials in your contribution for operational and editorial reasons. UK Handmade may also share your contribution with trusted third parties, for instance with partners of UK Handmade.
- Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
- You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights) and that it complies with these terms. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
- We will normally show your name and website link with your contribution, unless you request otherwise.
- UK Handmade may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content you may share with UK Handmade.
- If you do not want to grant UK Handmade permission to use your contributions in accordance with these terms, please do not share with or submit them to ukhandmade.co.uk.
- If you have any questions about contributing content to UK Handmade, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- abusive or threatening behaviour or language;
- sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene language or behaviour or any language which is likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive;
- swear words or other language likely to offend;
- fraud (e.g. impersonating someon else).
The information supplied on the Site and in the Magazine is provided for general reference purposes only. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is up to date and accurate, the authors do not warrant, nor do they accept any responsibility or liability for, the accuracy or completeness of the content or for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in any articles.
General information is not the same as getting financial or other professional advice. For advice based on your own circumstances, talk to a professional adviser.
See UK Handmade's Privacy & Cookies Policy here: http://ukhandmade.co.uk/privacy-cookies
UK Handmade reserves the right to revise the content of the Site and these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on the Site and by continuing to use the Site you agree to be bound by any such revised terms and conditions.
Any notices you wish to send to UK Handmade should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to 1 Poplar Way, Stapleford, Cambridge CB22 5BS.
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any purpose by any court of qualified jurisdiction, these provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall proceed in complete force and result as if this Agreement had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
Except for UK Handmade's directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from under that Act.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations under this Agreement to any other person.
These terms and conditions, set out the whole of our agreement and supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and all parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.